Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Favorite 2010 Super Bowl Commercial

Google's new commercial is absolutely amazing.  I also have a personal bias for this particular commercial because it fits well with a heavy research project I have been doing lately.  The research project is to determine how, why, and if Sex (sexuality) actually sells.  What I am finding is beyond fascinating, and a subject for another post (mark my words).  One study suggests that companionate love (that lovey-dovey sweetheart non-explicit sexuality type of love, the old school chivalry type of  love) is actual more effective in advertising on ad recognition, processing, recall, and attitude towards brand.  Google's ad is a perfect example of non-sexual love sells, and I have to admit, I am sold.





Other Honorable mentions:

Slow-mo + classic audio recording= great commercial


Made me laugh.


Made me laugh, harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment