Monday, November 30, 2009

What Is Everyone Doing to get Noticed?

So, you want to get noticed do you?  Me too.  But what are we going to do?  Well, if I knew that, I wouldn't have a .blogspot in my URL title and I would be making a lot of money (or at least some money) from all this advice I give.

It is fun, and sometimes even inspiring, however, to check out what OTHERS are doing to get noticed.

Here is one way to get noticed:  Fill something with something else and then let it all spill out.  That is what NY City Harvest did.  I would like to see the ROI figures for this stunt.  Oh well, they got me to blog about it didn't they?




Another way to get noticed is to play with dolls.  Although this commercial reminds me of Asop's fables: Asop mocks people through the use of animal charicaters to avoid offending anyone.  Point Park University uses dolls.



Or you can do the classic, that is, give away stuff for free like Honda.


Finally, you can do something totally absurd that just gets people talking and hope that by somehow getting them talking they will want to buy your product.  I mean, hey, it worked for Skittles.  This is my favorite of their absurds, watch the others if you like this one, there are some really strange and hilarious commercials in this campaign.



Hope this gets your juices flowing so you can get NOTICED.  If not, oh well, at least you had a good laugh.  If not, oh well, at least, you, um... practiced reading and... watching.  Now go get noticed.

1 comment: